Re: [Qld] Country Alliance cant see logic in rail plan

Country Alliance's logic escapes me a little.

No one who was in a hurry to get from Brisbane to Cairns would take a
train - if they were absolutely mean they might take a coach!

Sleeping berths on QR North Coast trains are consistently sold out months in
advance in the dry season.

>From what I have seen, I would suspect that the vast majority of sitting
passengers on the North Coast are only taking part journeys - certainly I
have booked a goodly number to do Cairns - Townsville, Townsville Rockhampto
and Rockhampton to Brisbane on a 3 day marathon.

Even a 3rd coach operator has been looking at starting services (and are
presumably waiting for the Greyhound situation to sort itself out before
doing anything - particularly as they are on e of the potential purchasers
of Greyhound.)

Tony Bailey