Re: [Qld] Country Alliance cant see logic in rail plan

I hope QR can run some sort of tourist service bewteen Townsville and
Cairns(similar to what they did with Kuranda service). The scenery along the
line between these 2 stops are quite good.

A frequent service like this maybe a solution to capture more passengers for
QR, the service can even go all the way into Townsville city station once
the new station opens at Flinder Street....Townsville

Cheers
James

tony bailey <mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au> wrote in message
396e403a@pink.one.net.au">news:396e403a@pink.one.net.au...
> Country Alliance's logic escapes me a little.
>
> No one who was in a hurry to get from Brisbane to Cairns would take a
> train - if they were absolutely mean they might take a coach!
>
> Sleeping berths on QR North Coast trains are consistently sold out months
in
> advance in the dry season.
>
> From what I have seen, I would suspect that the vast majority of sitting
> passengers on the North Coast are only taking part journeys - certainly I
> have booked a goodly number to do Cairns - Townsville, Townsville
Rockhampto