"Heritage operators" (Was: Images of 4908's new livery.)

Chris Stratton wrote:

> But 3801 Ltd are not a preservation group, they are a commercial operator.

3801 Ltd do advertise themselves as a "heritage operator". WCR doesn't
advertise themselves as a "heritage operator" and this is why I have
never complained about their livery on the S, B, T and R class locos. I
think if you are going to advertise on the basis of heritage then you
should do it properly. This comment isn't directed at 3801 Ltd alone. I
am directing it at all groups who have non-authentic liveries,
nameplates, headboards, etc... There are hardly any groups in Australia
that try to do things properly without some element of gunzelling. In
Victoria, the CHTR is the only group that really does heritage properly.
If you go to Daylesford then you are re-living the days of VR railmotor
travel as much as possible in the year 2000. I think that it is a real
pity that hardly any group in Australia does it properly like this. As
far as I'm concerned this is what a true "heritage experience" is.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au