Re: Trouble on South Coast/illawarra

<eikkert@my-deja.com> wrote in message 8kli7k$81k$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8kli7k$81k$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> Earlier this week I caught a train from Hurstville to the City. On the
> down illawarra local there were three freight trains banked up behind
> each other. They also directed the 10:46 onto the Up illawarra local and
> an empty coal train onto the up illawarra main which is unusual. At the
> entrance to enfield, there was another full coal train waiting to get
> onto the illawarra line.
>
> What went wrong?

Nothing wrong as such. The Unanderra-Moss Vale line is closed for all of
July due to trackwork. Therefore all trains which normally use this line, ie
NRC limestone, FA grain, FA logs, FC grain, FC Tahmoor coal, ATN grain have
to run via Sydney which has caused increased traffic down the coast.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton