Re: Penrith Stuff-up [Was Re: [NSW] Strathfield Station upgrade]

"Anita Lukaszyk" <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
396DB2AF.595C587C@ozemail.com.au">news:396DB2AF.595C587C@ozemail.com.au...
> While we're on the topic of Station Upgrade Stuff-ups...
>
> The new sign at Penrith at the top of the stairs to platform 1/2 (near
> the lift) has two arrows (one pointing left, the other right). Both of
> these arrows show 'Station St' but the left one should be Coreen Ave.

I want to know why there is a sign saying "Trains -->" at the top of the
stairs on the Station St side that will start outside the paid area - if
someone was on the Station St side, and had purchased a ticket, and wished
to travel, they are not going to go up thpse stairs to the footbridge, pass
through the barriers, and then go down the steps. They are going to go
through the new gates that are going to be installed and then go up.

Just on another thing WRT Penrith, I was told today why they are doing up
the old footbridge on the Coreen Ave side. The Coreen Ave car park will
serve as the bus loading point during that silly little sporting carnival to
be held in 9 weeks time. So they have refurbished the old bridge, as it will
enable them to get more people down from the concourse to the bus area.

Dunno how it will affect parking though, as I normally park in that carpark
when going to work. :-(

Dave