Re: Whyalla Airlines , slightly off topic.

"Maurie Daly" <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
mauried.499.0251B939@tpg.com.au">news:mauried.499.0251B939@tpg.com.au...
> Noticed on ACA tonite that Whyalla Airlines,the company that was involved
in
> the crash in Spencer Gulf is likely to fold as CASA has grounded the
airline
> pending the outcome of an investigation into the accident.
> The whyalla locals are uptight about the lack of any alternative
transport.
> Surely this is the time for the Rail unfriendly SA Govt to at least
revisit
> the provision of a rail service to Whyalla,even if to sub contract the
running
> of the service to the private sector.
> Im sure companies like WCR could come up with some sort of service.

Except there are already three other airlines already servicing that sector,
with a fourth set to step into the breach of the soon to be failed airline.

I agree though that they should at least try and do something with a rail
service, who knows, with a decent timetable, decent on train amenities, and
fares that were competitive with the airlines (and by that I mean cheap)
they might be able to get some patronage.

Dave