Re: Time to bring back the tram conductors

David E. Lindstrom <D_Lindstrom@Bigpond.com> wrote in message
gT4b5.10607$c5.29432@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:gT4b5.10607$c5.29432@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> The tram ride nightmare
>

> By MANIKA NAIDOO
> Thursday 13 July 2000
> The article starts out:
> "It was meant to be the perfect family outing.
> And it was, until Mary Beech, and her two children Izzy, 10, and Jack, 12,
> stepped on to a W-class tram on Collins Street to face a man, seemingly
> drug-crazed, yelling: "I'm going to slit your throat. I'm going to kill
your
> children."
Try to take route 86 at night through Smith Street (or Burke Street)and you
would experience something similar....

When will the government bring back those 100 conductor they promised
earlier?

Cheers
James