Re: Time to bring back the tram conductors

James C <noemail@emailsux.com> said:

>Try to take route 86 at night through Smith Street (or Burke Street)and
>you would experience something similar....

Caught the 86 about 3 years ago at night and it was rather intimidating
around that area. Person I was with had a Palm pilot back then (When they
were big, chunky, hardly un-noticable and really expensive) and had a
number of ferals get too close for comfort, demanding to know what it was,
etc. It could only have got worse now. We had conductors back then.

>When will the government bring back those 100 conductor they promised
>earlier?

Was it said in black and white that "Yes, we are reinstating 100
conductors" or was it said "Yes, we will conduct a feasibility study into
reinstating 100 conductors". If the latter, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Looks like we ended up right the right of the ALP in power :( Still better
than Jeffrey Gibb Kennett though.

Michael