Re: Drugs on trains

Vaughan Williams <ender2000@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8khmdh$caq$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8khmdh$caq$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> Yes, tis I.
>
> I didn't actually suggest train guards in the old style of sitting at
> the back of the train. What I did suggest was conductors, or "roving
> guards" (which are basically the same thing, a la V-line).
> I also advocated all the stations being staffed.
Keep your finger cross, since the government changed....

> The journalist pressed me to name the problem lines and so I indicated
> where, to my knowledge, IV drug use on trains has been reported. I've
> personally observed it twice on the #86 tram and once on the Epping
> line. Thats probably because 90% of my travel is done on these two
> routes.
Yes, Epping line is one of the worst, just check out some of the passengers
get on at Victoria Park. Route 86 run right through Smith Street and Burke
Street, the drug Hub of this country. Footscrary/Springvale stations are
unfortunately one of the usual drug trade places.

Since Bayside already contract for security,  why not:

Have those security guard do the usual ticket checking and revolve around
the train and train them to have fair knowledge of the system(therefore
helpful for passengers) and have them stay on board from the 1st train to
last train(basically  train them to be conductor), and stations as well.

Cheers
James