Re: NSW. North Coast XPT Service.??????

Mylorace <mylorace@aol.com> wrote in message
20000710092034.20969.00000029@ng-fl1.aol.com">news:20000710092034.20969.00000029@ng-fl1.aol.com...
> Hello again.
> Could any of you, who are regular riders on the NC XPT, Syd- Macksville
and
> return, give me an objective opinion on the service for this trip for the
first
> 6 months of this year.
> I had my last return trip in Nov 99, and due to the appalling lack of any
kind
> of quality service, and very bad on time running, have chosen to
Fly/Drive,
ahh welcome to the club! whenever I need to go to Brizzy I fly....

I have an interest with trains.....but I would prefer to avoid XPT.

>on
> my fortnightly trips since then.
> This has cost Countrylink 14 return 1st class fares, (no concession, full
> fare).
> The thing is, I would much prefer to catch the train, if the service was
half
> reasonable,
Like if they bring back the locol haul sleeper train between Brisbane and
Sydney and Sydney and Melbourne with lounge and dining car, i would be happy
to travel by train...or if they improve XPT.

Cheers
JAmes