NSW. North Coast XPT Service.??????

Hello again.
Could any of you, who are regular riders on the NC XPT, Syd- Macksville and
return, give me an objective opinion on the service for this trip for the first
6 months of this year.
I had my last return trip in Nov 99, and due to the appalling lack of any kind
of quality service, and very bad on time running, have chosen to Fly/Drive, on
my fortnightly trips since then.
This has cost Countrylink 14 return 1st class fares, (no concession, full
fare).
The thing is, I would much prefer to catch the train, if the service was half
reasonable, and close to on time, as Fly/Drive is.
And as for on time running, am quite prepared to call 15-20 mins late, as on
time.
but not the 90 and 120 mins that was common back then.
Oh! and Jack, unless you have learnt what service means, since you last made a
mug of yourself, don't bother replying.
Thanks in advance for any current advice and recent knowledge.
Mylo.