Re: $99 one-way airfares : Who needs the XPT

Paul wrote in message <01bfe8cf$e23ebd20$88d68ec6@krell>...
>I still paid a little less than that for my Syd-Melb trip tomorrow and last
>return trip was $139, the same as a one way journey by the other new
>airline. Its the money that matters more to me! By the time I get to the
>airport you can add a few more dollars, then a few more at the other end
>which I dont have to pay by train. I dont need to be there in a few hours
>(plus I rather like train travel), although I grant you many others will
>undoubtedly "take the plane".

<snip>

How come when you get to Central or Spencer St you don't need to get
anywhere else? I know that once you could get a ticket from (say) Wiley Park
to Murwillumbah but don't you need separate travel from the city terminal
stations to wherever you are going now - just as you need from the airports.

Barry Campbell

PS Why would you want to go from Wiley Park to Murwillumbah? Paternal
grandparent at WP, maternal at Murwillumbah. Both are long deceased but I
did the trip many years ago on one ticket.