Transition Couplers

Hi all,

I would like to know what (if any) speed restrictions are placed on Tangaras
when being used with the Schaefenburg?/Knuckle coupler adaptor. I know they
are only for use in an emergency situation & therefore have not been
designed for the normal operating conditions, but still I wonder what are
the limitations.

Similarly for the XPT. When an towed by a normal loco, how does the coupling
work. I've seen a photo (On David Johnson's photo page see:
http://www.railpage.org.au/pix/XPT/44212_NT-4_Broadmeadow_15-1-91.jpg ) and
it looks like the coupler and associated brake pipes slide out from under
the nose. Does this arrangement allow for normal (non-XPT) speeds?

Thanks,

Ben