Re: VFT Sydney - Canberra

"Maurie Daly" <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
mauried.483.01441D8C@tpg.com.au">news:mauried.483.01441D8C@tpg.com.au...

> Australia also seems to have a gross oversupply of International Airports
for
> the population base of the country.
> We have at last count,
Sydney,Melb,Brisbane,Darwin,Perth,Cairns,Coolangatta
> and Port Hedland. (and Canberra if the local pollies can swing it.)
> How many international airports has for example the UK got ?

Plus Townsville, Adelaide and Hobart.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges here. You need to compare the
characteristics of the country in terms of size (land mass) and distance
between major centres when looking at this. The UK is not a good example as
you can get from anywhere to anywhere by road in just over 12 hours.

Dave