Re: Re: (NSW) - Dapto to Kiama Electrification

Wyong - Sydney is only 101km.  Equates to about Wentworth Falls to Sydney so
G-sets to Katoomba does not sound so unreasonable.

A G-set would give a faster (and consistently faster) run up the Mountains
than a V-set in the wet (especially when chopper and camshaft cars are
mixed).  Superior G-set braking would help descending the Mountains - all
round they would offer a faster trip.

Also an 8 car G-set would fit on all Mountains platforms (Emu Plains -
Katoomba) except Linden.  I've advised many unwary travellers who want to
leave via the lead door of a down 8 car V-set that they'll need to go back
to the rear door of the lead car.  Linden is exclusively the only short
platform that rates a mention.

Chris

395d5cd7@news.iprimus.com.au">news:395d5cd7@news.iprimus.com.au...