Re: Re: (NSW) - Dapto to Kiama Electrification

They only run 3 G sets to Springwood on a weekday, and mostly that isnt even
a G set, sometimes they will run T sets to springwood and return. just
thankgod that the G/T sets can only go as far as springwood. i could'nt go
without the V sets in the moutains. and i agree that G sets should be used
in short runs (Wyong - Sydney) not longer disance runs. also in a point,
theres also quite a number of V sets that only go as far as springwood, ie:
in morning off peak and the 3.45am from springwood. i dont know why it isnt
the case on the South Coast. i mean on the weekends there is quite a number
a V sets sitting up at Mt Victoria yard, and Lithgow, why dont some just get
sent down to do other services?

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> <eikkert@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8jjdfp$4dp$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> >
> > > remember though there are only 80 cars of G sets, translating into 10
> > > trains of 8 cars each. If you want to run Wyong to Sydney trains only
> > > on G sets I reckon u'd need 5 of them already, and Hornsby only has
> > > around 56 cars (or 7 eight-car trains).
> >
> > I thought G7 made it 84 carriages. WRT Dave's idea, they used to do
> > pretty much all the mid afternoon and peak Port services from Sydney
> > with G sets but then they cahnged so the G sets ran some Dapto trains.
> > Because of this, a few V sets venture into Port Kembla. I don't know why
> > they did this.
>
> I just think that the G sets are not suited to the longer runs -
Springwood,