Re: VFT Sydney - Canberra

"chris" <chris@enet21.com.au> wrote in message
news:395DF3AC.122C6C78@enet21.com.au...
> I think the VFT backers wanted at least 3 billion in tax concessions plus
> some sort of land deal. But the federal govt won't cough up.

Tax concessions, as opposed to contributions. There is a difference.

It is the same as me giving you $100 and wanting $50 back, or giving you
nothing, and you choosing to be given nothing because you don't want to give
me $50 back. You are still $50 worse off.

The tax which would be foregone is money that the government will not get
anyway if the project does not go ahead. Why they are digging their heels in
and demanding that they get this tax money is beyond me.

Dave