Re: [NSW] Gauntlet Track

When the track under Braodway was gauntletted is a very good question.  It
would have been, presumably, at the same time as the Darling Harbour branch
was duplicated.  That was long ago, but HOW long???  Maybe the 1880s or
1890s, when quadruplication out of Sydney was being done, or maybe when the
Darling Harbour branch was extended to Rozelle, which from memory was about
1910.  I'd love to have an accurate answer though, instead of my
speculation.

On other gauntlet track in NSW, there was some on the Sydney tramways (which
were more like light railways than tramways), notably on the bridge across
Harbord lagoon, and there is also gauntlet track of running lines in the
same direction over the weighbridges at Dulwich Hill and Sandgate. (I think
they are the locations.)

For trams, Lisbon and Amsterdam have numerous and spectacular examples of
gauntlet track.  It's over canal bridges in Amsterdam and through tight
little streets on amazing grades in Lisbon.  I would nominate these cities
as the gauntlet track capitals of the world.  I'd love to be contradicted
though!!!

happy gauntlet track searching all......