Re: Pendennis Castle

In article <86nvgh$l3t$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au> "Chris Stratton" <stratton.chris.cp@nospam.bhp.com.au> writes:
>From: "Chris Stratton" <stratton.chris.cp@nospam.bhp.com.au>
>Subject: Re: Pendennis Castle
>Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:20:46 +1100

><chris@enet21.com.au> wrote in message
>388EBF1F.E4B0CBA0@enet21.com.au">news:388EBF1F.E4B0CBA0@enet21.com.au...
>> Here's an passage from the Pilbara Railways Historical Society webpage
>>
>> .
>> "A wide range of devoted people - tradesmen, apprentices and volunteers
>contributed to
>> this unusual project, made all the more challenging by the remote
>environment and scarcity
>> of steam-experienced tradesmen."
>>
>> No doubt if they complained publicly they would be given the "sack". Thus
>the need for MUA
>> action.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Chris

>One of the main problems is that the PRHS is almost defunct. I have spoken
>to people who visited the area last year and there are only about 2 active
>members left. Notice that there is no date last updated on the web page, I
>think you will find that it is quite old.
>--
>Regards,
>Chris Stratton
>Wollongong, NSW, Australia
>Remove NOSPAM if replying.

If PRHS is almost defunct , without getting into the argument re the steam
loco,there are a couple of historical diesel locos that it would be a shame to
see dissapear or rust away.
Whilst some may argue that these locos arnt significant in the context of Aus
railway history,its still worthwhile giving them some consideration.
The Alco S2 would be the oldest diesel loco in Australia still  operational
and the EMD - F7 would come next,being an example of what really started
dieselization for EMD in the US.
Sadly there arnt many places that these locos could run,Hunter valley possibly.

MD