Re: Pendennis Castle

In article <86mb85$7o3$1@merki.connect.com.au> "Rod Gayford" <rjaygee@smartchat.net.au> writes:
>From: "Rod Gayford" <rjaygee@smartchat.net.au>
>Subject: Re: Pendennis Castle
>Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:27:52 +1100

>I do care about the locomotive but I wish to see it stay here. I am not into
>cultural cringe and I do resent the comments of persons like Dave Malcolm
>which I believe almost borders on the defamatory. I am also a solicitor so
>just watch your intemperate language.  It is nice to see that some others
>agree with my stance. I do not see Rio Tinto donating any funds to
>Australian rail fan organisations. It all just smacks of Pommy superiority.
>As Chris quite rightly mentioned, what about the free labour the rail fans
>up at Hamersley put into the upkeep of the loco. I am amazed at the servile
>attitude of a number of contributors to this site. As much as I dislike the
>Dorrigo outfit I would rather see it end up there then leave the country.
>Cheers

What do you feel would be achieved by having the loco stay here? You are
entitled to your opinion. However what I was realy was refering to was your
trying to have a ban placed on the export of the loco which would achieve
nothing towards rail preservation in Australia, except make us look stupid in
the eyes of the rest of the world.

Dave Malcolm