Re: Airport line

David McLoughlin wrote:

> > somewhere

> > > Since the Brisbane one's not due to start till May 2001, I'd suggest
> > it's
> > > probably Sydney.  I understand Sydney is due to start in May this
> > year, so
> > > it makes sense to start testing and training soon.
> > >
> > > I'm coming across your way soon, any chance the Auckland airport rail
> > link
> > > will be open in April?
> >
> > I though Auckland Airport link is still at "talk" stage isn't it? you
> > might want to check out the progress on Auckland's new downtown rail
> > station(Britomart) it is schedule to open in 2001.
>
> There is no proposal whatsoever for a rail line to Auckland Airport.
> None. Zilch.

Wrong.

The airport Development plans show space reserved for light rail,
roughly parallel to the
beck entrance out via Puhinui Cemetery. The station is where the car
park is at the international terminal. The plans specifically show
'light rail'.

There are also plans for a rail line from Wiri Quarry. This would
parallel Wiri Station Rd, via the Juhl tank farm, and presumably would
follow the pipeline to the AIrport.

--
For a dining "experience" visit the "Killer Prawn" in Whangarei!
Be served and charged for food *without even ordering it*!