Re: Airport line

thalytgv@my-deja.com wrote:

> > > Which airport line? The one in Sydney? The one in Brisbane? Or
> somewhere
> > > else again altogether.
> > >
> > > David McLoughlin
> > > Auckland New Zealand
> >
> > Since the Brisbane one's not due to start till May 2001, I'd suggest
> it's
> > probably Sydney.  I understand Sydney is due to start in May this
> year, so
> > it makes sense to start testing and training soon.
> >
> > I'm coming across your way soon, any chance the Auckland airport rail
> link
> > will be open in April?
>
> I though Auckland Airport link is still at "talk" stage isn't it? you
> might want to check out the progress on Auckland's new downtown rail
> station(Britomart) it is schedule to open in 2001.

There is no proposal whatsoever for a rail line to Auckland Airport.
None. Zilch. The "Britomart" thing is a tunnel the council is digging
from the railway station to downtown (about 1.5 km). There is no
guarantee of any kind trains will use it and no agreement for trains to
use it. Auckland has hardly any trains, for a start. In fact there are
writs flying everywhere over the "Britomart" project which was a huge
underground carpark to be built and owned by a private company at the
expense of Aucklanders, which the council cancelled late last year after
years of argument.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand