Re: QR management - was Railfan freindly railways (was: Left Wing Jerks)

In article <3886eebd@grissom>,
  "Ross \(Goldie\) Goldspink" <goldicom@powerup.com.au> wrote:
> Oh for Vince O'Rourke to read this.
>
> He really pro promotion/railfans - how many State rail systems have an
> active program of steam restoration.
>
> Both the C.E.O. and his Deputy have come up through the ranks (not
imported
> or graduate hotshots) and this is reflected in QR's technology and
financial
> status.  They also help promote miniature live steam - I know, our 5"
gauge
> line at Bracken Ridge has been the beneficiary of very worthwhile
> sponsorship.
>
> Left wing they may be (Having come thru the ranks, read Union men),
jerks
> they are not,
>
> Goldie
>
> In 100F Brisbane!

And I believe this has been help by some pro-rail polititians to give
QR funding for its infranstructure/rollingstock upgrade and give QR
advantage to move cattle on rail.

If you don't believe it try to ask 590m$ from Steve Bracks(VIC) or Bob
Carr to upgrade and electrification mainlines in  NSW or Vic!

Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.