Re: QR management - was Railfan freindly railways (was: Left Wing Jerks)

canetram59 wrote in message <3887fc25@grissom>...
>Yes, Vince O'Rourke and QR management are intent on promoting QR and I
>certainly would not consider them "left wing jerks"!!
snip
>Even with all of this QR by no means is backwards looking, their search
for,
>and use of modern technology must be up there with world's best practice -
>tilt trains, track upgrades, signalling and safeworking systems, new
>suburban/interurban lines (to the Gold Coast) and realignment of main lines
>to improve speed and efficiency. What more do you want?

I wonder if the original post was a bit of a "free kick" as apart from how
the bosses of QR could be called "left wing jerks" is anyone's guess, and QR
seem to be (with Westrail not far behind) running just about the best
multi-use railway anywhere outside Europe or Japan. So I will thank the
original poster for letting me get out my hobbyhorse again, and promote it
to those of us who still dream of destroying the Australian
antipathy/antagonism towards rail transport- through promoting sound
management, proper levels of investment and forward planning, and
recognising the competitor as not being other rail operators, but road
transport.