Re: Oh what fun it is too ride...

Nihonga wrote:

> >  On the other hand, the driver may have been driving for a long
> > time
>
> What time would he start? It was 7am in the morning. My guess would be
> a 4am start?

You said the 07:20 from Berowra, so I will assume you meant the 07:24...

If this is the case, you weren't even close.  The driver signed on at Flemington
at 01:46 and has already been into town, then out to Riverstone, then up to
Hornsby via the Shore and up to Berowra.  Now let's assume that it takes the
driver half an hour to get to work, and takes him an hour to get up and
dressed.  That means he would have to wake up at around 00:15.  To get 8 hours
sleep beforehand, he would have had to go to bed at 16:15.  I can't imagine you
would ever have been in this position, so I will tell you that this is extremely
difficult (especially with the 40+ degree heat).  Remember too, that when you
have been up all night, 06:00 - 07:30 is the most likely time that you will fall
asleep due to fatigue.  I hope this gives you a bit of background as to what the
driver may have been going through.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au