Re: [Melb] Platform 2 Flinders Street to Close

: I still want to know why they are doing this. Escalators and lifts break
: down. Ramps don't.

That is why they have stairs between the escalators.

: And if you have a wheelchair or a pram, you have to wait for a lift and
: barge past all the ably bodied people who insist on using it. I hope the
: lifts are at least partially obscured like at Parliament, so nobody who
: should be taking the escalator uses them.

To get from the Platform (P) to the concourse (C) then it is hard to find
the lift, as it is under Swanston Street you will get to the Escalators
first before the lift (people use what they find first)

Who knows the Concourse layout yet so getting down will have to wait and see.

The P and C are the buttons in the lift, most people don't know what they mean
and push both  to get the lift to move.  Maybe buigger buttons labeled
"Platform" and "Concourse" would have been better.

As for Spencer Street why only one Escalator on Platform 13/14, when they have
race traffic and sho traffic they will need two.

Also excalators on Platform 5/6 and 7/8 would have been good (there
are ones on Platform 3/4
: Daniel
: --
: Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia