Re: [Melb] Platform 2 Flinders Street to Close

"ClawZ" <ClawZ@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
3886D045.7045BE5D@alphalink.com.au">news:3886D045.7045BE5D@alphalink.com.au...
> Johann Fan wrote:
> > It's being done to match the rest of the station. ie with a square
> > roof/cover instead of the angled one which currently exists. they also
had
> > to pick the week school goes back to start the construction.
>
> It also barely works, always cakkin it, piece of crap maybe tha new ones
will
> be better, knowing tha railways they always go for quality so it will last
> maybe a few weeks.

I still want to know why they are doing this. Escalators and lifts break
down. Ramps don't.

And if you have a wheelchair or a pram, you have to wait for a lift and
barge past all the ably bodied people who insist on using it. I hope the
lifts are at least partially obscured like at Parliament, so nobody who
should be taking the escalator uses them.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au