Re: mixing loco parts

Tender swapping was common in NSW. Every tender had a number and that number did
not necessarily match the loco. It gets better, the boilers also have a number and
they don't match the loco number either! It was usually whilst locos were being
overhauled in workshops that the swapping of parts happened. Also the case in the
UK. A recently restored Hall class has been renamed as they discovered more parts
from another loco than the one they actually had. I suspect other states in
Australia did the same. Then there is the 'known' renumbering of locomotives where
the whole loco received a new number. In the end it is only a number.
Bob