Re: [NSW] Parramatta Rail Link - Details from EIS

Its probably mentioned somewhere in the EIS (not that I saw it) but earlier
documentation on this link stated that a north-west connection at Epping was
not going to be constructed as services would be spread to thinly = lower
frequencies on main routes.

The EIS summary document refers to the possibility of some of the 3.3million
cubic metres of spoil being removed by rail.  More specifically "The EIS
assesses removal of spoil by road, while outlining the opportunity to use
rail to transport up to 40 per cent of the tunnel spoil.".

Is there much demand for a Clyde-Rosehill/Camellia service?  People on the
Carlingford line will have access to direct Parramatta and City Services as
opposed to changing as they do now.  If they wish to travel to Strathfield
or Homebush Bay better frequencies will probably outweigh the longer
(presumably) travel time via Parramatta (or Epping for Strathfield).

But I agree in full, the EIS is well worth a look.

Chris

Jonathan Lau <jonlau@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
38841A12.5B9F424D@ozemail.com.au">news:38841A12.5B9F424D@ozemail.com.au...
> From the maps & diagrams I have seen, the junction is only for North to
East (&
> vice versa) running. You would need to change at Epping to get to
Parramatta if
> you were coming down from Hornsby.
>
> The EIS reports indicate that the Clyde-Rosehill section is to be retained
for
> Freight working. Strangely it makes no mention of retaining passenger
services
> between these two points. One thing it did say was that if there were less
> services on this section, there will be less delays to road traffic at
Parramatta