Re: ALCO diesel at RTM

> 12-251C engines were originally fitted to 4461-44100, 45 class and 442
>
> class.

There is an opportunity this weekend for two of these engines to be
sampled anywhere along the line between Melbourne and Tamworth as the
RTM takes a charter to the country music festival.

The train is being built up with some cars from the ARHS ACT (as has
been done a few times past) for a total of 15 to 16 carriages.

For those of you of the GM persuasion there may be a 567C to look out
for as well.

> 4401-4460 originally used 12-251B and 80 class used 12-251CE.
> I will try to find out where it came from.

Probably Chullora Workshops...

> There should still be the 12-244 engine in a K or S truck at
> Thirlmere, this
> is for 4001.

It's still there- on occasion this engine has donated parts to 4306 as
well.

Regards,

Ben