Re: Tram Crossing at Spencer/La Trobe Streets being installed.

Yuri wrote:

> The tram crossing at the intersection of Spencer and La Trobe Street
> is currently being installed with the intersection supposedly closed
> till Wednesday 5am.

> The prefabricated crossing has been sitting in La Trobe Street west
> all week.  This will connect the line in place over the new bridge
> over the railyards to the Docklands to La Trobe Street.

> As I drove past it this morning, the intersection is completely
> blocked by heavy earth moving machinery.

As at 7pm tonight, the tracks in the intersection have been concreted
and 1 lane
was available for traffic each way in Spencer Street. Latrobe Street was
still
closed. Concreting of track in Spencer Street was under way, with
Latrobe Street
west still to be done. Span wires for the overhead had been installed,
but trolley
wire for the new track was still to be installed.
Route 48 and 75 trams were shunting at Lonsdale Street. City Circle
trams presumably
were shunted at Flinders and Spencer Street corner (or new Wattle Park
shunt) and
at Latrobe and Elizabeth Streets. (I cannot confirm this as I did not
see any shunts
today.)

John McCallum