Re: [NSW] Regents Park vs. Granville lines?

Neil D B <anb727@hotmail.com> wrote in message
85j0ot$p9k$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:85j0ot$p9k$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
>  Gday, this is one of my personal hates too and I have to comment. There
is
> no reason why Liverpool via Regents Park has to go all stations. I cannot
> stand driving to Liverpool via Regents Park stopping at every little stop
> under the sun. Im sick and tired of all the shittiest stations on earth,
> getting the best service of any line whatsoever and it is NOT NEEDED. I
have

Stop whining and do what you get paid to do :-)

I like having a 15 minute service on the inner west.  When one goes missing,
it gives an idea of what a half hourly service would be like - often sardine
material until at least Newtown or further.  You're talking about heavily
populated suburbs, with lots of no car families(mine and lots of others in
my street).

Yes, there are bus services,  but they are busier than the trains.  They
also cost more.

Anyway,  if you're an advocate of rail travel,  shouldn't you be encouraging
higher frequencies, which ought to encourage higher patronage(people don't
like waiting or overcrowding).

It also helps that most of the suburbs served are presently in a couple of
Labor held seats :-)

> thought for a long time that the only trains stopping all stations between
> Redfern and Strathfield should ONLY be Bankstown trains. I believe
Liverpool,
> Glenfield and Cambelltown trains via Bankstown AND Regents Park should ALL
be

So the people living beyond the inner west can have a 15 minute service but
the inner west can eat cake?

Bollocks.  I'd like to see more trains in the inner west,  and more of the
suburban platforms rebuilt,  which would make for even more creative
timetabling.

I wish a hundred Bankstown Circles upon you.  And stop overshooting Newtown!

Cheers
ShuanH