Re: [NSW] Regents Park vs. Granville lines?

In article <85ifmm$kmr$1@the-fly.zip.com.au>,
  "Bradley Torr" <btorr@bigpond.nospam.com> wrote:

> In my eyes, wouldn't it be better to run the south-western services like
> this:
>
> * Run the Liverpool via Granville as it now is - Redfern, Ashfield, Burwood,
> Strathfield, Lidcome, all stations to Liverpool via Granville;
>
> * Change Liverpool via Regents Park to Redfern, Strathfield, Lidcombe and
> all stations to Liverpool via Regents Park;
>
> * And all the 'pissy little inner west stations' will still be adequately
> served by Bankstown trains (and possibly Liverpool via Granville trains in
> the off-peak).
>
> This would greatly improve services to Liverpool and even Campbelltown
> commuters (who will then have a decent alternative to the shoddy East Hills
> service, even if it will be a few minutes longer) and means that Regents
> Park anabranch commuters won't have to sit through the tedium of stopping
> all stations for 30 kilometres!
>
> Any thoughts or comments (especially from those who are better acquainted
> with CityRail operations?)
>
> Regards,
> Bradley.

 Gday, this is one of my personal hates too and I have to comment. There is
no reason why Liverpool via Regents Park has to go all stations. I cannot
stand driving to Liverpool via Regents Park stopping at every little stop
under the sun. Im sick and tired of all the shittiest stations on earth,
getting the best service of any line whatsoever and it is NOT NEEDED. I have
thought for a long time that the only trains stopping all stations between
Redfern and Strathfield should ONLY be Bankstown trains. I believe Liverpool,
Glenfield and Cambelltown trains via Bankstown AND Regents Park should ALL be
skip stoppers, stopping at something like, All to lidcombe, Strathfield,
Ashfield, Redfern etc. As for Glenfield, Liverpool and Cambelltown via
Bankstown, they should stop from Liverpool onwards, stop All to Campsie,
Sydenham, Redfern etc.	We DO NOT need this excessive all stations bullshit
everywhere we go. -- CityRail driver, and big fan of HO and 5", 71/4" guage
trains. My opinions are from myself and I do not represent any company,
person, animal, object.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.