Re: Very Sad News Site

Geoff Downes (Graphic Mountain Pty Ltd) wrote:

> Get a life - if you are interested in railways, talk about them!!!!!

Most of the posts to aus.rail are about railways

> - not
> crap about who did what wrong or fill the site with rubbish about
> derailments in Sydney or wherever!!!!

Isn't a derailment in Sydney an appropriate topic for a railway news group. Also
a news group isn't a web site. It is a way for people to discuss things with
other people who have similar interests.

> I asked if someone out there could
> help me find information

The original question was only posted yesterday!

> - and my suspicions about the internet were
> confirmed!!! - a lonely hearts club (generally) for people who sit at
> computers all night talking rubbish.

Geoff is the one talking rubbish!

> If this concept of railways news is to gain some sort of credibility - talk
> about sensible stuff - not arguments about the latest nitpicking!!!!!

I wouldn't have found out about the NSWRTM Melbourne Cup tour if it wasn't for
this newsgroup. I would say that it works pretty well.

> I am not afraid to say that my name is Geoff Downes and my email address is
> graphicmountain@bigpond.com

So what!

> Some of you are hiding behind pseudonyms like little children - grow up and
> come forward.

You're the one who needs to grow up. You expect answers almost immediatley

> Railways and railroads are interesting - let's make this site
> interesting!!!!!!!!!!

This news group is interesting.

--
- James Brook -