(SYD) Bridges @ Granville & Lidcombe

I visited Granville and Lidcombe stations on 13/1/2000.

Granville - there is a new bridge under construction at the city end linking
the platforms. It looks (at the moment) that it when be finished it will not
be as good as the new bridge at the Sydney end of Lidcombe station. I had
not seen or heard reports of a new bridge at this location, does anybody
else know anything about it?

Lidcombe - the old concourse has nearly been demolished. Only parts of it
remain over the up and down main lines. The new concourse looks nearly
complete with the exception of the lifts and stairs.

Access to/from all platforms and the northern side of the Lidcombe CBD
to/from the new concourse is via new stairs with wooden sides. On the
southern side of the CBD, there is section of old stairs remaining. This
links to a temporary scaffolded/wooden bridge linking the old stairs to the
old concourse to the new concourse (not for the faint hearted in the wet!).

I took pictures of the above which should appear on my website
www.erk.au.com by the end of this weekend.
--
Eric
www.erk.au.com