Re: Any suggestions for top 3 railways "things to do" in Sydney

Bradley Torr wrote:

> Peter Mason wrote in message <85jipo$shn@mo.nabaus.com.au>...
>
> >This is probably asking for trouble, but would any of you care to suggest
> >the "Top 3 railway things to do in Sydney and environs"?

<snip>

> * The North Shore Line (over the Harbour Bridge - good view from the upper
> deck; some impressive cuttings from Chatswood to North Sydney; quaint,
> English-style stations such as Gordon; nice subtropical rainforests near the
> railway right-of-way)

On the way back, get off at Milsons Point and walk back over the
bridge (make sure you walk the eastern side of the bridge) and climb to
the museum in the south-east pylon ($2 entry - I think)
Nice view from the top.
Continue down through the Rocks to Circular Quay for the train back
to Town Hall

--
Peter Degotardi
LAN Engineer