Re: Peterbrough Station news Wed 12 Jan 2000.

In article <f%Ue4.744$3b6.3115@ozemail.com.au>,
  "Robin" <stationmaster@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> Good afternoon from Peterborough Station
> there was a bit of action here today with
> 12 people on The Platform seven of these
> were bound for Sydney on the Eastbound
> Indian Pacific, which arrived late at 11:50 CST
>
> Two passengers had  been booked to meet the
> train in Adelaide but were given the wrong Departure
> time, and hens had to travel to Peterborough to
> meet The IP.   This has happened three times
> since Christmas and is not a good advertisement
> for the Adelaide Tourism Office involved.
>
> Back to the Indian Pacific , which was headed by
> NR15 " Meningie"
>
> I have once again updated my web Pages,see links
> below, please let me know of any improvement.
>
> Yours in The Steam
> Robin

I took the "Indian Pacific" from Adelaide to Sydney on the 22/12/1999.
I was too, given the wrong departure time(8:45am rather then 7:45 am).
If I had not been double checked the previous day I would have miss it.

The train didn't stop at Peterbrough which surprised me. Gladstone been
the only stop between Adelaide and Broken Hill.

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.