Re: Deary deary me ...

Although to be fair to those beside the line to Fisherman Island, when
they moved into that area there was basically only suburban trains.  Now
there are long, heavy goods trains which are slower and noisier.

I think the complaints are not about the previous trains, just about
these (relatively) newly introduced goods trains.

Still much better than hundreds of trucks running every 30 seconds along
your street, I think.

JD

In article <387d48f5@news.hunterlink.net.au>,
  "Al Barrett" <ajbarrett@hunterlink.net.au> wrote:
> Yep.... its now beyond a joke
>
> coalies (and others) now... coming down singleton heights (into
singleton)
> can't use dynamic braking.
> what a joke
>
> how many of the residents there built or moved into their houses
before the
> railway line was built?
>
> or didn't they notice it? (the railway that is)
>
> .
> Chris Stratton <stratton.chris.cp@nospam.bhp.com.au> wrote in message
> 85j7hj$q28$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au">news:85j7hj$q28$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au...
> > "Sam Eades" <eadess@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > 387D1FA9.93C0368C@yahoo.com">news:387D1FA9.93C0368C@yahoo.com...

> > > The question has to be asked, who was there first? I'll bet they
weren't
> > > even born when the rail line was put in!!
> > > Some people are so selfish and narrow minded...
> > >
> > > Sam Eades
> > >
> > It's the same everywhere. A couple of years back some of the
residents in
> > Cordeaux Heights were complaining about the noise of the BHP trains
on the
> > Mount Kembla line and they were actually trying to stop the trains.
If

--
John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway