Re: Cowra - Blayney: first and last train

> It's never actually been officially closed (by an Act of NSW Parliament),
> just operationally closed (XL locks, point clips, etc.), so what's new.
8-)

Not going into defining "closed", it was effectively closed when the bridge
burnt down and stop block placed across the line.

> > A bungle with the safe-working arrangements at Blayney meant it was
> >impossible for a train to access the main from the branch and vice versa.
> >(Signals staff made temporary modifications to allow the LVRF movements
> >occur.) The line will presumably remain closed until the issue at Blayney
> >is resolved.
>
> Let me guess - even though the weekly notice said that the frames which
give
> access to the branch were supposed to be altered so only RAC (or approved
> parties) could use them, LVR still have not been issued with the right
means
> by which to access these frames?

The key was removed from the end of the staff that gave access to all the
interlockings at and between Cowra and Blayney. Since all the interlockings
in between are closed, the key was cut off to stop any operator from
unauthorized use of them. Alternate arrangements were already in place at
Cowra, but not at Blayney - the staff was physically required to unlock
another key and so on, to get to and from the main line.

> I'm fairly sure I know what you mean by 'temporary modifications'. 8-)
It's