Re: Cowra - Blayney: first and last train

In <85c2u9$2h03$1@otis.netspace.net.au> "Robert Parnell" <rparnell@netspace.net.au> writes:

>Light engine 4701 Cowra to Blayney on Sunday 9/1/00 was the first movement
>of a non-work train across the newly opened line. It went to Bathurst to
>pick up some wagons on lease from RSA to LVRF bound for  Sydney via Cowra .
>After the passage of the train back to Cowra, the Cowra - Blayney line was
>closed after 3 weeks of being open!

It's never actually been officially closed (by an Act of NSW Parliament),
just operationally closed (XL locks, point clips, etc.), so what's new. 8-)

> A bungle with the safe-working arrangements at Blayney meant it was
>impossible for a train to access the main from the branch and vice versa.
>(Signals staff made temporary modifications to allow the LVRF movements to
>occur.) The line will presumably remain closed until the issue at Blayney
>is resolved.

Let me guess - even though the weekly notice said that the frames which give
access to the branch were supposed to be altered so only RAC (or approved
parties) could use them, LVR still have not been issued with the right means
by which to access these frames?

I'm fairly sure I know what you mean by 'temporary modifications'. 8-) It's
always been a sore point since RAC took over the civil and electrical
infrastructure with non-Freightcorp and non-NR trains getting approval to be
issued with the relevant means to access running facilities once the access
methods are altered.

Regards,

Craig.

--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport