Re: Cowra - Blayney: first and last train

In article <85e7qd$1ca$1@lios.apana.org.au> craigd@lios.apana.org.au (C. Dewick) writes:
>From: craigd@lios.apana.org.au (C. Dewick)
>Subject: Re: Cowra - Blayney: first and last train
>Date: 11 Jan 2000 14:25:01 +1100

>In <85c2u9$2h03$1@otis.netspace.net.au> "Robert Parnell" <rparnell@netspace.net.au> writes:

>>Light engine 4701 Cowra to Blayney on Sunday 9/1/00 was the first movement
>>of a non-work train across the newly opened line. It went to Bathurst to
>>pick up some wagons on lease from RSA to LVRF bound for  Sydney via Cowra .
>>After the passage of the train back to Cowra, the Cowra - Blayney line was
>>closed after 3 weeks of being open!

>It's never actually been officially closed (by an Act of NSW Parliament),
>just operationally closed (XL locks, point clips, etc.), so what's new. 8-)

>> A bungle with the safe-working arrangements at Blayney meant it was
>>impossible for a train to access the main from the branch and vice versa.
>>(Signals staff made temporary modifications to allow the LVRF movements to
>>occur.) The line will presumably remain closed until the issue at Blayney
>>is resolved.

>Let me guess - even though the weekly notice said that the frames which give
>access to the branch were supposed to be altered so only RAC (or approved
>parties) could use them, LVR still have not been issued with the right means
>by which to access these frames?

>I'm fairly sure I know what you mean by 'temporary modifications'. 8-) It's
>always been a sore point since RAC took over the civil and electrical
>infrastructure with non-Freightcorp and non-NR trains getting approval to be
>issued with the relevant means to access running facilities once the access
>methods are altered.

>Regards,

>Craig.

>--
>            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
> Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport
>   Professional Train Driver, Cityrail  |      and rail modelling web site:
>       and HO scale rail modeller       |   http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd

Can anyone describe the arrangement at Blayney these days.
The junction originally was controlled by a pair of motor points and was
protected by color light signals .
This was in the days when Blayney was an attended station.
I gather rationalization has occurred?

MD