Re: Norway Prang

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000 13:05:26 +1100, "nobody"
<dweebken@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm surprised there is no comment on this posting even though it's
>Norweigan.
>Considering the poor record of Aussie signalling recently I would have
>thought there would have been some comparisons?
>
>Brendan

Interesting to note that there is a lot of concern about how the train
controllers could not contact the drivers concerned   prior to the
accident as they where relient on mobile phones for communication on
that route....something that is a concern to Nr drivers here in nsw
where nr want to move to driver only with mobile phones as the primary
means of doo communication... as the aware system (there radio )
is not able to patch into the sat link on tha freight net radio to be
able to talk to the tc and where the terestrial link is provided there
is only a 80 % success rate     (nr sorces) ...
Bill