Re: [NSW] Tunnels

There are also the tunnels under st james, the ARHS does tours of those from
ST james station. There is the "ghost train" walk down the south coast,
several unused tunnels there. Tunnel no.5 on the cowan bank is there (not
sure how accessible it is) then there is plat 26 and 27 at central, used for
storage. ARHS will have an entire archive on all existing and unused
tunnels.

Brendan

"Neil D B" <anb727@hotmail.com> wrote in message
85363o$j0c$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:85363o$j0c$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <NC1d4.12554$lv5.55437@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
>   "TyR" <Tyr@nsw.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> > Can anyone please provide me with a list of all the tunnels used and
disused
> > around Sydney and maybe a scan of the bradfield plan please.  Any help
is
> > much appreciated
> >
> > James
> > TyR@bigpond.net.au
> >

> Mate Im not sure of exactly what youre after, so Ill give a few examples
and
> hopefully youll find something in there. Ill start off with disused
tunnels.
> I can only think of a couple. There is an old tram tunnel at wynyard which
is
> being used as a car park for the Menzies Hotel (open to correction). I
have
> walked through this tunnel twice now, and is very interesting. Another
> disused tunnel I know of in that area is, at Nth Sydney station, leading
off
> of number 2 platform, it was to be used for the Northern beaches line I am
> lead to believe. This tunnel will not be freely accessable, and Id doubt
> youll ever get to see it. Another tunnel is on the line down to Nth Sydney
> Car sidings, it is extremely dark cause it has no lighting in it.  For
USed