Re: [NSW] Tunnels

In article <NC1d4.12554$lv5.55437@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  "TyR" <Tyr@nsw.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Can anyone please provide me with a list of all the tunnels used and disused
> around Sydney and maybe a scan of the bradfield plan please.  Any help is
> much appreciated
>
> James
> TyR@bigpond.net.au

Mate Im not sure of exactly what youre after, so Ill give a few examples and
hopefully youll find something in there. Ill start off with disused tunnels.
I can only think of a couple. There is an old tram tunnel at wynyard which is
being used as a car park for the Menzies Hotel (open to correction). I have
walked through this tunnel twice now, and is very interesting. Another
disused tunnel I know of in that area is, at Nth Sydney station, leading off
of number 2 platform, it was to be used for the Northern beaches line I am
lead to believe. This tunnel will not be freely accessable, and Id doubt
youll ever get to see it. Another tunnel is on the line down to Nth Sydney
Car sidings, it is extremely dark cause it has no lighting in it.  For USed
tunnels, basically, they all speak for themselves, Town Hall, Wynyard and nth
Sydney. City Circle etc. I hope this helps you.

--
CityRail driver, and big fan of HO and 5", 71/4" guage trains

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.