Re: Indian Pacific + Ghan

In article <853c10$mun$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,  <thalytgv@my-deja.com> wrote:
>In article <01bf57f6$e758efc0$df7e37d2@pentium>,
>  "David" <valley123@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> Has there ever been a time where due to floods or other causes where
>the
>> Indian Pacific and the Ghan have been combined in to one train?
>not sure about that, generally they operates on different days and the
>route they interfer aren't very long until recently extension of Ghan
>to Sydney.

 I have been on a double length IP heading up to Crystal Brook (Sydney
bound) when we met a failed Ghan train heading to Adelaide, mid section.

 The Indian Pacific eased up and pushed the Ghan backwards out of the section.
What ever the problem was with the CLP on the Ghan must have corrected or
only affected operation at speed (or heavy braking) as just before the locos
got to the loop points, the Ghan train pulled away from us and put itself
away in the loop clear of us. (The IP locos didn't enter the loop, thus
we didnt need to back up).

 At one point we were a triple carrage consist (2x IP sets, 1 x Ghan) and
had 3 mid train locomotives.