Re: Info needed - CityRail trackwork 15/16 Jan

didn't they get upgraded when Olympic Park line (formerly "Pipita"??) got
"upgraded" (ie basically reconstructed)--this sounds narrow (there must be
other reasons to "upgrade" the track...) but the access tracks from the east
into Olympic Park are supposedly new and have nice concrete sleepers.

What sort of work would need to be done? (there must be something!)

Dave Proctor <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
84v7vl$cc5$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:84v7vl$cc5$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> Hubert Lam wrote in message <84v6uj$964$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
> >I don't understand it at all-Olympic Park is basically constructed "new",
> so
> >why would there need to be trackwork at ALL?
>
> Access tracks off the main lines is all that I can think of - although
that
> would not affect the sprint services from Lidcombe.
>
> I must admit to a bit of a personal interest here. I hope to be umpiring
> that day, but I am travelling to Melbourne (to umpire at the Australian
> Open) on the Saturday night on ST1 (the tournament travel allowance is
> enought to cover sleepers in both directions!)
>
> If I am selected to work the final on Saturday, my intention was to leave
> home (Glenmore Park - near Penrith) fairly early, dump my gear for
Melbourne
> at Central, go to Homebush Bay and umpire the finals, then go back to
> Central.
>
> No trains will throw a major spanner in the works and will result in a
major
> reorganisation of my plans for that day (assuming I am selected for the
> finals - and I will not know that until the day before).
>
> Dave
>
> >Dave Proctor <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> >84v5fj$7db$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:84v5fj$7db$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> >> CityRail website takes me to the upgrading page, but will not take me
any
> >> further into the specific details.
> >>
> >> I basically need details of trackwork planned for Saturday 15 January,
> >with
> >> particular reference to the olympic Park line. I have heard that there
> >will
> >> be trackwork on the Olympic Park line resulting in no train services to
> >> Olympic Park that weekend.
> >>
> >> I find this difficult to believe since the final of the adidas
> >International
> >> tennis tournament, an olympic test event, will be held on 15/1/00, and
> >> cannot believe that ORTA would allow the cancellation of the Olympic
Park