Re: Info needed - CityRail trackwork 15/16 Jan

Hubert Lam wrote in message <84v6uj$964$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>I don't understand it at all-Olympic Park is basically constructed "new",
so
>why would there need to be trackwork at ALL?

Access tracks off the main lines is all that I can think of - although that
would not affect the sprint services from Lidcombe.

I must admit to a bit of a personal interest here. I hope to be umpiring
that day, but I am travelling to Melbourne (to umpire at the Australian
Open) on the Saturday night on ST1 (the tournament travel allowance is
enought to cover sleepers in both directions!)

If I am selected to work the final on Saturday, my intention was to leave
home (Glenmore Park - near Penrith) fairly early, dump my gear for Melbourne
at Central, go to Homebush Bay and umpire the finals, then go back to
Central.

No trains will throw a major spanner in the works and will result in a major
reorganisation of my plans for that day (assuming I am selected for the
finals - and I will not know that until the day before).

Dave