[Melb] Metcard ATM's fail

Metcrad machines have been hit by another round of vandalism at the
stations.  Mainly the large machines at the station and it relates to
"Metcrad Pokies" posted to this newsgroup back in December.

People have worked out a way for the machine to give *too* much change
or return more money when the ticket is cancelled.

For this reason most machines around Melbourne have been limited to
a max of $3.00 change (usually $10.00) or placed into exact fare mode.

Interesting that people have now found a way to get money out of the
machines with out acid etc...

I am not going to post how this can be done, that would be just wrong,
but the posting "Metcard Pokies" told how and that is how I worked it
out, and I don't go around to Metcard Machines playing the Pokies to
get money.

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord