Re: EL class update ( was freight victoria update)

In article <88deru$2mj$1@news1.mpx.com.au> "Dave Proctor" <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> writes:
>From: "Dave Proctor" <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au>
>Subject: Re: EL class update ( was freight victoria update)
>Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:07:01 +1100

>Bob wrote in message <38AA3DA6.16A0DF07@acay.com.au>...
>>Two points here. First NRC own the NRs and can do whatever they want with
>them,
>>only obligation they have to Goninans is they have a contract to service
>them.

>Depends on the nature of the contract - Goninans *could* have a clause in
>the contract that the NR's can only be driven by Goninan approved drivers.

>Unless you know differently of course.

>Dave

Id be real interested in how they can own them .
Just where did NRC get a spare $400 M to buy them. (didnt get it from the
shareholders thats for sure.)
According to their annual report , they have
raised a $300 M US dollar debenture issue at 8% to pay for them.
I think you will find that they are owned by a US bank ,in the same way that
AN didnt own its ANs or ELs.

MD