Re: EL class update ( was freight victoria update)

In article <88bk70$osf$1@news1.mpx.com.au>,
  "Freight_man" <freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote:
> V/Line possibly have at least one 3000hp Prime Mover ex G518, How
would that
> fit in C503 at Junee? But the point is moot.....National Rail are not
>in the
> business of helping competitors.
FV is not exactly a competitior of NR isn't it? FV never tender for
Hunter Valley coal haulage and BHP's business nor NQ direct.

> Since pre-empting Marinus [sorry Boss!] and announcing a profit for
the
> Company, I received a very interesting E mail from NSW........It
seems that
> WA Gov will announce the contenders for the purchase of WAGR soon. If
the
> Company I hear is convinced it will win, does win..................
> CEO of Freight Rail announced that his Company will now concentrate on
> Interstate workings as far West as Perth and all points in between.
Although
> V/Line and WAGR as well as QR have all committed to running trains in
> competition with National Rail,
QR interesting in passenger business at the  moment because there
aren't suitable locos to expand its freight business across the state,
they simply work with NR to compliment their business. If QR runs
passenger trains across the border(such as Queenslander extension to
Sydney) there will be lots of operators willing to hire their locos to
QR. NR for example willing to hire their NR class or BL class to GSR.
hmm... I wonder if QR is interested in Overland? lol!

>he does not expect more than two Companies
> to Survive as Interstate Operators, 5 years! He states that Freight
>Rail
> will be one of them, and he does not necessarily believe National
>Rail to be
> the other.
Freight Corp and NR had discussed merger serveral times last year, and
it make sense as a portion of NR's motive power came from Freight Corp.
Some managers of NR also came from Frieght Corp, the operation routine
is similar and HQ are all in Sydney. 8 years ago when NR started, lots
of people suggested NR just a business division of Freight Corp.
Freight Corp even tender itself to purchase NR but Fedral government is
not happy about it since they want "Private operator" rather
then "State own enterprice"

> I hear that Wiscon Central will probably not compete for WAGR,
Last time I heard it will ... alone with ASR and FV, but I may be wrong
since Ed Burkhardt no longer with  the company, their new CEO may not
be as ambition as Ed.

>and >Rail
> America with its vastly expanded resources after successfully taking
>over
> Railtek is almost certain to purchase WAGR.
> This would be great for both Companies, particularly if Gary Marino
> continues his policy of letting Australian Management get on with it.
> National Rail would end up being divided amongst the two surviving
> operators.
> This would better utilise Locomotives and solve both companies Power
> Shortages.
How about some new locomotives? Clyde factory at Cambellfield is been
empty for a while, so is the one in Bathurst.

> ps I hear that V/Line Pass will start receiving their railcars within
3
> years and Freight Victoria has/is negotiating to purchase the N Class.

That would be a good idea, N class is a passenger loco based on frieght
loco design...except I don't think FV can wait for 3 years...

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/